All members must acknowledge that they had read, understood, and agree to abide by the following code of conduct.
1. Members must become familiar with and abide by the relevant regulations of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
2. Members must become familiar with and abide by the rules of the Constitution of the Western Australian Community Access Networks (WACAN) Inc.
3. Members shall become familiar with, and endeavour to follow, any guidelines published by WACAN.
4. Members shall seek advice wherever possible and take due care when working at heights or constructing projects involving electricity or power tools.
5. Members must ensure that all works are carried out by an appropriately qualified person and conducted as per industry standards/regulations.
6. Members shall seek advice when they aren’t confident in any works or changes they are planning to do which may affect the WACAN network.
7. Members must ensure all personal network servers with content not intended for free public distribution or “all-ages” is secured appropriately.
8. Members must not enter into a contract of any kind with another member or the public to supply a “carriage service” including, but not limited to, Internet access, telephony, gaming, media, or any other commercial service for a fee of any kind, unless otherwise approved by the committee.
9. Members shall endeavour to be patient in all communications; provide friendly advice and counsel to any beginners; offer assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of other members.
10. Members shall behave in a manner, which is courteous and polite when using the network and other services made available by WACAN, participating groups, or individual members.
11. If a member feels affronted, they will not respond in kind. No member shall conduct a dispute with another member or non-member in any public forum where they identify themselves as a WACAN member.
12. Members must treat WACAN assets with respect, i.e. leave them in a clean, tidy and undamaged condition.
13. Members must not speak or make agreements on behalf of WACAN, unless authorized to do so by the Committee.
14. Members must not access any network node unless authorized to do so by the node maintainer(s).
15. Members who are physically accessing a network node(s) must
(a) Carry valid photo ID, and present it if requested;
(b) Carry a charged mobile phone; and
(c) Ensure their current mobile phone number is listed in the database;
unless otherwise stated by the node maintainer.